The trade show at this year's conference is shaping up to be one of the best library-related trade shows seen in Canberra for several years - just look at the sponsors listed below who will have a presence at the conference. Many of these companies are important not just for law librarians, but for the wider library community. Because of this, the conference organising committee has decided to provide a way for people to register to only attend the trade show. More information is available here.
1. Is the conference's online registration system secure for credit card registrations? Yes, the conference's online registration and payment system is provided by our vendor, Earlybird and is extremely secure and meets industry standards. When a delegates' financial details are passed through Earlybird's secure server, they are processed using 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology. Early Bird have worked on many government conferences and forums, including Australian Sports Commission / APEC One health conference / OCVO Foresight Workshop run by Dept of Ag.Fisheries and Forestry /ASADA Australian Sports Anti-doping Authority. See more information here. In saying this, if some people are wary of providing credit card details for registration, there are other options for registration. It's possible to pay by direct debit, cheque & invoice, or even provide credit card details directly to Earlybird over the phone. If you have any concerns or questions regarding the registration process please contact Earlybird on (02) 6126 5900 or email.
2. Will I receive a tax invoice when I register? Yes, see here for further information about this.
3. I’m not able to pay for registration with a credit card, is there any way that I can pay by cheque? Yes. On the online registration forms, there is a link to a pdf registration form. Please complete the form and print it out. Include a cheque payable to “Earlybird Marketing and Events P/L” and mail it to: Earlybird Marketing and Events P/L PO Box 4237 Kingston ACT 2604
4. Is it possible share registrations? Yes, it certainly is!
5. Is there any way that I can pay less for registration? There are two ways. The rate for ALLA members gives a substantial discount, significantly more than what membership usually costs. If you’re not a member of ALLA, join now. The other way is to register now and get the earlybird rate - which closes on July 31.
6. Is it a good idea to register now and then leave my accommodation arrangements to the last minute? Definitely not! Late September is a popular time to visit Canberra as this coincides with Floriade. Please book your accommodation sooner rather than later. Make use of the accommodation information posted on this website or find accommodation options elsewhere.
7. I’m interested in attending one of the pre-conference functions, can I register for these at the same time as registering for the conference? No, registration for satellite events is completely separate from the conference registration.